After beating Level F-5, a cutscene will begin in which the Runner agrees to let the Child change the name of the F-tunnel, but nothing else. She goes on to explain why, showing him that if, for example, she moved the position of Level A-1 to the end of the Box Storage Area, the map would be wrong because there's nothing over there.
The Child understands this, so the Runner allows him to officially change the name from "F-Tunnel" to "The River".
- After this cutscene, the F-Tunnel is changed to "The River" on the map.
- All levels of F-Tunnel, such as Level F-1, are changed into The River, part 1, etc.
If you use the Achievement Teleportation bug (Clicking on an unearned achievement. For example, reaching the River by clicking on River Rapids achievement after beating Level 3, you will be sent towards Level F-1 without needing to complete the levels between them), and beat throughout the F-Tunnel, or the River, by using the Runner, the cutscene still works. However, something interesting may happen...
It will only show the most crucial parts of this map, and will ignore the Main Tunnel totally, since they are all locked up and haven't been played through yet. This applies to all the levels with cutscenes.
Note that bug is not possible to produce now due to the achievement menu glitch being fixed.
- According to Wikipedia, Socratic Method is actually a form of cooperative argumentative dialogue between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presumptions.
- Instead of showing the map on the images above, it used to show just the Runner and Child talking.
- The cutscene may imply that the Runner doesn't draw the Tunnels because she moves the A-Tunnel and places it back perfectly.