Introduction[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
There are two cutscenes in this tunnel. More information can be found on the Story page.
After beating Level M-5, a cutscene will begin in which the Duplicator is watching the Runner's attempts to reach a tunnel in the distance. She kept trying, but she fell short every time. The Duplicator asks the Runner if she has gone insane, but the Runner denies it. When she respawns, the Runner notices that the Duplicator drew on her map. The Duplicator says that this is to "commemorate the moment" she has gone insane before the Runner finally makes it past the gap and reaches the F-Tunnel.
After beating F-5, the cutscene 'Socratic Method" will begin, in which the Runner agrees to let the Child change the name of the F-tunnel, but nothing else. She goes on to explain why, showing him that if, for example, she moved the position of level A-1 to the end of the Box Storage Area, the map would be wrong because there's nothing there. The Child understands, so the Runner allows him to change the name from "F-Tunnel" to "The River". After this cutscene, the F-Tunnel is changed to "The River" on the map.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are 3 achievements in this tunnel. 2 if you don't count scrapped ones.
Beat The River, part 1 with the Pirate costume and without jumping.
Finish part 4 of the River without jumping and without using any tunnel powered abilities. (For example, the Skater's skates are allowed, but the Duplicator's duplicates are not.)
Don't touch the boxes in part 5 of the River.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All the levels in The River were made by Precarious, who originally named the level set "Riptide River Rapids". They were implemented into the main story sometime in March 2015.
- This tunnel is formerly called the F-Tunnel, but after completing F-5, the levels in this tunnel are renamed because the Runner allowed the Child to rename the tunnel.
- There is an old cutscene that used to be in this level. More about this can be found here.
- Once the Bridge Building side-quest is activated, one of the boxes is on The River, part 3 in the Map. However, once the player clicks the box, it goes to M-5/Bridge.
- This is one of the tunnels where all the levels are colored in any shade or tint of a specific color. The River here has levels all colored in shades and tints of blue(as the Child said that this tunnel is a thin blue line in space). The same thing applies to other tunnels such as brown levels in W-Tunnel and Not the Way Back and green levels in the New Tunnel.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
|Not too easy|
Difficulty of the Levels of The River (F-Tunnel)[edit | edit source]